Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Photo Credit: Jennifer Flowers


Outline:
1) WHO AM I?
  • Asst. Manager at Claire's
  • friend
  • student
  • soon to be educator 
2) WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
  • California
  • Mississippi
  • Alabama
3) WHY DO YOU WISH TO EDUCATE/WHAT ARE YOUR PASSIONS?
  • To create good working people
  • to help create understanding
  • to help people 
4) THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME
Photo Credit: Google Images
  • I'm DISNEY OBSESSED (specifically Frozen, Tangled, Little Mermaid)
  • I love my job and Im very passionate about it
  • Im obsessed with Elephants, Owls, and Sloths
  • I cannot wait to graduate and begin my new chapter of life!

    Hi! My Name is Jennifer Flowers. I am currently in my fourth year at South, but no, unfortunately I'm not a Senior yet....I have lived in the south for most of my life although I was born in California. My father was in the Navy so we traveled quite a bit. Somehow we ended up in Gautier, MS and then Pascagoula, MS which is where my brother came in to the picture. For the longest time I have known that I wanted to help animals and or people. My mom worked for our local zoo for 12 years before leaving for the city and in that time I (we) helped raise more wild animals than I could have ever imagined as a child. At any given time you could come to my house and we may have a baby bear in the living room or a tiger cub. More regularly though was our beloved Capuchin monkey Trey. Who later we would find is actually a female!

    My Junior year of high school, I had intended to move out on my own into the real world and live in Jacksonville, AL. I wanted to be a gamecock. Then when I realized how far living 6 hours away really was, I changed my mind. Then I thought oh TROY! Everyone I knew loved Troy. And so did I. but even then I wasnt ready to move out that far. So then, I tried South Alabama. And this bed was juuuust right, because immediately, I felt like I was home. I knew I wasnt completely away from my parents (because why would I want to be, theyre great) but I also could do my own thing. I loved it. South was great and has continued to grow and feel more like my home. I find myself missing it when I commute and coming back more and more.

   I have always known I wanted to do something to help people or animals. Its always been in my mind that I wanted to teach or be a Marine Biologist. After growing up a little more and learning more about myself I found that all I wanted to do was help people. I wanted to give them the same feeling of growth, and love that my elementary teachers gave to me. I am still Facebook friends with many of them. I loved my teachers. I felt like they made me who I am. I want to make sure that as many children as possible can get that same feeling from me. I want them to feel accomplished, strong willed, and loved. That is my goal in becoming an Elementary Education teacher. I feel as though being a teacher in the 21st century is much harder these days. Attention spans are shorter and childrens minds are becoming weaker. I want to widen their imaginations and develop their minds more! we can ALWAYS do more! Teachers today have to be just as fast paced as their students or the students wont want to keep up with them. I think that being a teacher in todays world means you have to be smart, quick, witty, and funny. Otherwise, some of the students may not get everything they should!

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment